Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Day 3

9:52am- I'm at the office and this morning and Day 3 begins with a sore throat. I am sneezing and have mild cold-like symptoms, my sinuses are releasing and I've been blowing my nose. But instead of feeling chilly, I am actually quite warm. I hope this continues throughout the day as I'd rather be too hot than cold. My headache is gone, and although I still feel weak I'm not as exhausted as yesterday. Since these are all signs of detox, I must keep at it. My BM's are watery now, with very little solids so I know I'm on track. I weighed myself today and I'm 56kg, so over the last couple days I've lost a kilo. I can see my hip bone a bit more, bonus. I have been feeling urges to chew, and my craving has continually been for ham and cheese, and pizza....all savory stuff which is weird because I have a sweet tooth. But since I had been consuming quite alot of those things I can understand my craving for them. I eat tons of italian- pasta, pizza, garlic and tomato anything, and salt.

Brushing teeth more is necessary when doing this Master Cleanse. When detoxing, the tongue gets a fuzzy white coating. It is totally gross and is the worst especially in the morning. But it needs to be done a couple times in the day, and then before bed. When the tongue goes back to pink the worst is over and your body is on it's way to becoming squeaky clean! I can't wait :)

11:15am- feeling cold again, just made a herbal tea. I was thinking about how 10 days feels mammoth. But running 10km did too. I can do it. The trick is to really live in the present moment. That is the only moment we have and need to bring our awareness to. The rest of it will take care of itself.

I see the route of a detox as parabolic. The system drops low for a while before it turns around back up. That is why the first half of the cleanse is so hard and why so many people fail. I believe that strength of mind is critical in the first 3 days, not just to overcome the mental desires for food but to endure the horrible affects of cleansing. When others see you going through this they beg you to stop, saying your hurting your body, and it's so easy to give into this. But once you understand why it's happening it's way easier to focus on the goal. Once I get to day 5 I'll come back to you to confirm it though.

1:30- I'm home for lunch, and not falling down to nap, this is progress! I made a peppermint tea and hung up some laundry, did some dishes and a general tidy. I go back in a few minutes and I actually may pull through the rest of this afternoon. I'm cold again and am wearing an additional coat back to the office.
Note, I'm finding the laxative tea gives me cramps and a bit of discomfort. Be close to a washroom as the trips are frequent.

4pm- very weak, energy low, want to crawl into bed, my eyes hurt and i'm squinting with these fluorescent lights.

5:55pm- My stomach is calm and would you believe it...I am not hungry. This is actually kinda weird? My throat still hurts and I am continuing to sneeze and clear my sinuses. Hot tea is really soothing when you feel like crap. Tonight I'm going to take some wheatgrass as it is high in protein and allowed when fasting. My mind feels very slow, mental focus on work was very challenging today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home