Thursday, February 26, 2009

Day 5- half way there!


7am- the night was not restful. My stomach was painfully bloated, swishing and gurgling all night, I got up a few times but could barely pass anything. My lower back is aching....kidneys. My sinuses are still messed up and my mucus is much thicker today. I'm still sneezing. ZERO mojo, I do not feel even remotely pretty. I feel ugly and rough. I'm starting to wonder if this is even worth it.
I took a side photo this morning, to compare from Day 1 to this morning. I can definitely see a difference after only 4 days.
I took the lax tea this morning and am hoping this will help me feel better. I cannot believe how much liquid I consume and how little I am going to the loo. I would have expected it to be the total opposite to lose 2kg. I don't have any hunger pains but this morning I saw a commercial for baked beans and was thinking of how lovely it would be to have a plate of them with scrambled eggs for breakfast. The craving was again, psychological, and I quickly dismissed it. Instead I prepared my juice for the day.

10am- I'm warm but my energy is pretty sacked. It takes so much effort to do anything and it takes twice as long. Even my reading and typing is slower...it takes me much concentration to absorb what I'm doing. Thankfully my workload is administrative these days, so I can take it at a comfortable pace without having to feel stressed about deadlines etc. I am glad I'm doing this now as I will be entertaining clients a week after the cleanse is done, and I'll need to get my body back to eating solids. I could really tuck into a creamy cheesy fettucini alfredo...

11am- lax tea kicked in. I have to go every 10 minutes and am having waves of stomach cramps. But after each movement I am feeling slightly better. My sinuses have improved but not 100%, my ears get clogged then pop, and I feel pressure under my right eye. But at least I am breathing through both nostrils now, this is progress. I gotta go easy on the lax tea though, omg, the cramping is quite uncomfortable. On the bright side, I can tell that what I am detoxing now is the old stuff. Over the first 3 days your body gets rid of all the foods consumed in the previous few days before starting the cleanse, but the real cleansing begins once that's out. I assume that's when the body starts truely healing and "hopefully" starts feeling better. I want my energy back!!

11:45am- prayers answered! I can feel my blood flowing through my warm hands, and I'm feeling a lot perkier. I dont' know if it's because I just flushed away old junk but I feel a major difference from this morning. I hope this means it's all turning around.

1pm- I am feeling cold, i don't believe it! And my sniffles are still at it. What is going on? I have to head to the house and finish that spare room, and I feel I have just enough energy to do it.

10:30pm- My stomach is uncomfortably full of trapped air again, I am so bummed. I am almost finished painting the spare room and would have been done had it not been for the moisture and having to re-do a wall with sealant paint. I have two more walls with one coat each to do and then DONE! Getting wrapped up with painting I forgot to drink so I went without water or my juice until after 6pm.....not good. My sugar levels went into a spin and through me into a very terrible mood, I nearly lost my temper and got snappy and irritable. As soon as I got home, I got warm, made some tea, drank some juice, and settled Lil Ms Master Cranky down.

Tonight I watched Andy tuck into a gorgeous vegitarian pizza loaded with goodies, and the smell was nice. After we watched Gordan Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, where he focused on an Italian restaurant. My favorite. My emotions did start to ache at me tonight, I do "miss" eating, tasting, enjoying food. This cleanse is starting to get me down, I feel sick and I hate it. My tongue is now acting up....some of my taste buds feel like they are almost dead, it's like I have crumbs on my tongue and I try to get them off and realise they are like paralyzed buds....that's the best way I can describe it. I'm nursing my lax tea right now and really praying I can sleep thru the night, but my bloated gurgling tummy seems to be casting a different forshadow. Day 5 is over, and I am over it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home