Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Whirlwind tour in Vancouver Sept 10th-13th


Sunday morning was quiet in the city. The view from the hotel overlooked clean empty streets between towers of glass under a sunny blue sky. Who could ever imagine that kind of peace in the city center? London is such an extreme opposite. Nick prepared for a day of discussion and I prepared for church. It was early when i left the hotel and i had time to pop over to yaletown for a coffee and muffin with Robert Wilson first. It was really good to see him. Yaletown hasn't changed much, and i liked being in my old stomping ground again. After breakfast i headed to whiterock for church. I met up with Nathan, Amy and Dan. It was the first time i met their son Matteo. He's adorable. Ross's sermon was good, but i was detached from the whole service. I was hoping i'd be able to plug into church and feel something special but strangly enough, i didn't. I did enjoy it and i was really glad to be there. I think more than anything it just felt so nice to be home.
After church it was off to Amanda's new apartment for a bbq with some old friends, and then i rushed to Opa and Oma's for dinner and a catch up with family. IT was so nice to see them but i felt like i barely got to really speak with them. Too many people, not enough quality time with each individually. This is what happens when you're only there for a few days.
I headed into the city at 8pm to meet up with Leonard and give him his bday present and say good bye. He was leaving the next day for NYC so I met up with the boys. They were all on bikes coming back from Livestock's block party, and i met them at Dairy Queen where i got to see Josh, Coco, Cian, Dan and Leonard. After a few hours with them i headed home and crashed into bed.
Monday and Tuesday were full of meetings with Robert. I had the most incredible opporutnity to speak at one of Ozzy Juroch's seminars. I also had the pleasure of meeting a man named Terry, who i sat beside at the seminar. He ended up working for Air Canada and upgraded me to Executive First Class on the way back to London. But before i flew i also had lunch with Science, and one last goodbye with Nick. The time flew much too quickly and i can't believe how much i missed my friends. I hope to come back in April and look forward to another dose of home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home