Sunday, March 08, 2009

Feasting in...

Easing in has been easy. I have loaded up with enzymes, superfoods, probiotics and fibre. In the mornings I start with fresh fruits, some cracker bread with honey, raw almonds and almond butter, and sip hot water with lemon.

Last night I went to feast at my favorite Thai restaurant in Poole. I ate till I couldn't eat anymore, I was ready to burst and ended up passing out in my bed.

Eating has been such a joy, tasting food is a new luxury, and I can distinguish between clean and dirty food. When I came off the fast I had some beans on toast. What I was so looking forward to was such a disappointment. It tasted, dirty. My palette was left with a terrible aftertaste and film. I'm off beans now, and I just loved them before.

Elminations have been easy, and also clean. I have suffered from IBS for years, and I haven't felt like this since I was a kid. I'm hooked on detoxing. I'm going to keep it up. There are plenty of healthy foods that taste great, and I'm also into trying some healthy baking too, as I have always loved treats. But I think it can still be enjoyable without all the preservatives and REFINED SUGAR- the most evil one of them all.

I'm off to Durdle Door on this beautiful Sunday, and looking forward to the rest of a great weekend.

9:30pm- Durdle Door was blown out, we got to the top of the steep hill, and the wind was howling so hard it tossed me around like a toddler. The wind was so cold it hurt inside my ears and my nose was dripping from the drastic elements. We went back down, headed to the calm of the cove, skipped some stones and headed back to Bournemouth. They should put some wind turbines up at the top of Lulworth...i reckon they'd power the entire town no problem.

For dinner I made a portabello mushroom, bok choy stirfry with prawns and tofu. I added some miso paste and it was really yummy, not a single drop left on the plate. Stuffed. Tomorrow we start our Gweneth Paltrow detox diet. She laid out a detox recipe for each day and I went shopping today to gather all the bits necessary. Tomorrow consists of hot lemon water, herbal tea, blueberry smoothies, coconut water, and yummy salmon for dinner and avocado cucumber cold soups. Mmmm.

Tomorrow, I'm also hitting the treadmill again. I miss training properly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home