Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Resignation follows action plan

Yesterday I gave my written resignation at work, informing them of my move back to Vancouver. It was a bit of a sad moment, and I hesitated for a few hours before actually handing the letter to my boss. I feel slightly bad letting her down as she is already down one member on our small team of 4. With me gone, that's half the team missing.

However there is another side of me that feels a sense of relief, mainly because now that there are decisions made, I can follow through with a plan and focus my energy on something. I was in limbo about the whole thing for so long, not really coming to terms, walking around with such strong feelings of uncertainty all the time. I know this stress made me feel weary and kept me up countless occassions at night. It's not just a change of jobs, it's everything....new life change.
Although Vancouver is my native home it's been 5 years since I've lived there and a lot of things have changed, not just for me, but for many of the people that I used to hang out with all the time. their worlds have transformed and moved forward, into different fields and countries etc. I am under no illusion that inserting myself back in will come seamlessly. For the last two years, my visits to Vancouver came with reverse culture shock. Re-adjusting to North American life is so very different from England. Although we speak the same language, our lifestyles are a completely different way, the mindsets are a totally different approach.

I'm not fearful of change, I know it's always funky at first, and it always challenges me, but I know I can handle it. Despite going through big moves before, you're never really ready, you just get on with it and take it one day at a time. Like everything else in life. If i didn't live by that code, I wouldn't have ever left home to begin with, nor would I have done the kinds of travel I've done. So, I plod on.

6 days back on food and I am feeling fine. I have kept my sugar intake to a very minimum. I did have some ice cream on the weekend and a few biscuits ( as I am the ultimate cookie monster). But I did behave. The last few days I've modified the Detox Diet that Gweneth Paltrow mentiones in her blog, and everything I've made has been yummy. Last night I made broccoli and watercress soup. It was bright green, smooth and creamy goodness. Andy's face was shocked when he saw the bright green colour though. It reminded him of something bad, but in the end, he finished his bowl....(with quite a few toasted bagels and spelt bread.)
In the morning I blend up a smoothy of super foods with probiotics, whey isolate protein powder, some almond milk and blueberries. It is so lovely, contrary to what I thought it would taste like, so I made it again this morning. For lunch, I have some rye bread and another protien shake with flax powder for my fibre. Also tasty. I've not gone without my treats, I have raw almonds and fruit with me at my desk and am off coffee/tea totally. Now I drink lots of water, and am continuing to flush flush flush. My weight is leveling out after going without food. I am now just under 55kg, so I've gained about 4 lbs back. This is normal after doing the MC, as you tend to lose a little bit of water, and your guts are bone empty. I'm happy with where I'm at, and continuing to train the rest down.
Last night I was at the gym for 2 hours. I ran 10km in about an hour, then burned another 20 minutes on the bike. In total I burned nearly 900 calories as I hit weights and did some core exercises as well. I was totally done by the end of that, and wolfed down my broccoli soup as if it were liquid gold.
My sleep is awesome. I fall asleep so fast since I've come off the cleanse. And my skin continues to improve. I'm so happy I did it, for the fact that my skin alone has drastically improved has been worth it in itself. I now know what to do if I ever had another flareup. Fast, cleanse, detox straight away.

It's 3:15pm right now and definitely naptime. I wish....
I'm working on some prep for a meeting with my French partners tomorrow. Three are coming from Paris just for the day, so we will be manically covering 5 magazines in 4 hours with a quick break to fit in lunch. I love when the French come, I have such a soft spot for Parisienes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home