Thursday, March 12, 2009

Time and Money

The two most valuable things that we usually seem short of- time and money.
Now that I'm on deadline to vamoose England there are so many little things to do in prep.
It's a balance between living here in the now and trying to plan for future. I'm pretty bad at this I admit. I do leave things til the last minute often. But I am trying to focus my attention to this, trying to practice more action, and practice some discipline- my main focus overall for the year.

The meeting with the Parisiens went so well yesterday and it was sad to say goodbye to them. I dont' know when or if I'll ever see Jean-Philippe again, and he sent me a very heartfelt goodbye. At the end of the day, yes it's business....but we looked at each other as human, with heart and with dreams. He is very kind, I've always thought so, and I'm glad that my interaction with my clients has been more than just figures and numbers. It's great if you can establish some kind of friendship.

Today I am running around at lunch, negotiating with the bathroom designer for Andy's house, dropping off and picking up prescriptions, dry cleaning and trying to get in touch with Aeroplan to book my flight home on points. It's hard to find the time to do things when you only get 1 hour for lunch. This morning the washing machine repair guy turned up and hopefully when I get home I'll be able to do the mountain of laundry that has accumulated over the last week. That will no doubt keep me busy on my day off tomorrow. I need to pick up a court summons which arrived at Carlo's address, and then get to the house as the carpet delivery and installation is happening. The wardrobes were built yesterday, and the kitchen goes in on monday. It's all coming together. It is exciting to see it being transformed from granny to sexy contemporary. In the meantime I'm also informing utilities of my last day in the flat, paying off anything outstanding and starting to post things home....it's all overwhelming me. I'm trying not to panic, but some days I just feel like i'm spinning too many plates. I've posted some of my things for sale on the internet, and no bites yet. I need to consolodate and I hope I can do it in time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home